2023 is shaping up to be an exciting year for interior design, with a range of emerging trends set to make an impact on the way we design and decorate our homes. Here are some of the top interior design trends to watch out for in the coming year:
- Sustainable and eco-friendly materials: As awareness of the impact of our consumption on the environment continues to grow, more and more homeowners are looking for ways to make their homes more sustainable. Expect to see an increase in the use of natural materials like bamboo, cork, and linen, as well as products made from recycled materials.
- Mixed materials and textures: This trend is all about layering different materials and textures to create a sense of depth and interest in a space. Think metal and wood, concrete and wool, and glass and stone.
- Earthy and muted colors: Neutral, earthy colors like beige, olive green and terracotta are becoming increasingly popular as homeowners look to create soothing and calming spaces.
- Biophilic design: This trend is all about bringing the outdoors inside and incorporating elements of nature into the home. Expect to see more plants, botanical prints and natural materials like wood and stone.
- High-tech home: Smart technology is becoming more prevalent in the home, and we’ll see more and more homes equipped with smart lighting, voice-controlled assistants, and other high-tech features that make our lives more convenient.
- Vintage and antique finds: As we’ve spent more time at home, people have been looking for ways to add personality and character to their homes. Vintage and antique finds are becoming increasingly popular, whether it’s a one-of-a-kind vintage rug, an antique mirror or a vintage chandelier.
- Home office: With the remote working trend increasing, a lot of homeowners are looking for ways to create comfortable and functional home office spaces. Expect to see more built-in desks and shelves, as well as comfortable seating and good lighting.
In conclusion, the interior design trends for 2023 are all about creating spaces that are sustainable, calming, and functional. By incorporating natural materials, earthy colors, and biophilic design elements, homeowners can create spaces that are both beautiful and practical. And with the increasing popularity of smart technology, we’re also seeing more and more homes that are designed to make our lives more convenient and efficient.
If you are looking to create a comfy, stylish space in your home stop by our store in Allen Park. You can not only browse our vast selection of products, but you can chat with our on-staff interior designers about your next project. Our experienced team is here to help remove the stress of refreshing your space.